Saturday, June 6, 2009

Asthma


I was feeling really run down, and catching every bug that was going around so I reluctantly went to the Dr. (My boss Rebecca, who is also a nurse made the appointment for me. I figured if she was that worried, I better go.) The doc told me that I have asthma. He says I was using all my energy to breathe out. My oxygen sats are fine, but I was using my diaphragm to breathe out, when normal peoples lungs push the air out by themselves. Since all my energy was used to breathe, I would get run down, and my immune system would suffer, and that is why I kept getting sick. This little tid bit of information would have been nice to know about 11 years ago when I missed a ton of Jr. year in High School, but everything happens for a reason. Now I am on an inhaler twice a day, and I have an emergency one. It's amazing what a difference it makes. My energy is slowly building up, and the funny thing is, that I stopped snoring at night, which makes Michael really happy.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I bet that's nice to know! I'm glad you're improving. No energy is no fun!

    ReplyDelete