Saturday, June 6, 2009

Book Club!

My new sister-in-law Heather who is married to Mike's brother Paul, decided that we needed a book club. So far we only have 4 members but we still had a blast at our first meeting on June 2nd.
We all picked a different book to read. Our theme was "Newberry Medal Winners". I picked 'The Tale of Despereaux' by Kate DeCamillo that I had read when it first came out in 2003. It's a great book, if you haven't read it, you should. Heather picked 'The Witch of Blackbird Pond', Pauline picked 'Hattie Big Sky', and Monica picked "The Graveyard Book", which is this years winner. Poor Monica is the only 50 something with three 20 somethings, but we are all kindred spirits so we get along fine. We met in the park, had yummy snacks, discussed our books, and had a great time. I can't wait till our next meeting. We are all reading 'The Scarlet Pimpernel'. I'll post a picture when Heather sends it to me.

1 comment:

  1. I wanna be in your club! That sounds so fun. Plus you are reading some of my favorite books- The Witch... and Scarlet Pimpernel. Love those. methinks I need to read them again.

    ReplyDelete